When I started writing my recipes for this blog I did not think about the next step. I had recipes and I wanted to share them with everybody but the question became, How I can share my recipes with other people?
I learned a lot about that by trial and error. One of the coolest ways I found was Yummly. A very cool app that is great for foodies like you and me. It makes searching and finding recipes very easy and convenient. I got it and got hooked immediately. And right after searching for a while I said I want my recipes here. You can search recipes according to your diet, or the type of cuisine you want. And that is just the tip of the iceberg.
What is Yummly?
Yummly is a very easy to use recipe app that learns what you like. As you browse the internet for recipes you can mark the most delicious ones to save on your Yummly profile page. Using your favorite types of food, cooking skills level and diet restrictions the app gives you personalized suggestions to grow your collection. It is fun and easy, all in one place.
With over 2 million recipes and food related articles and videos, finding a recipe, meal planning or making a digital grocery list is easier with Yummly. You can search and share your favorites. Using the most powerful recipe search engine, you can:
- save recipes from the sites or blogs you love
- save and organize recipes by breakfast, desserts etc.
- take the recipes with you wherever you go
- curate your own digital recipe box
- receive recipe recommendations just for you
- create smart shopping lists
- save your favorite articles
- get recipes nutrition information
- tips from chefs and industry professionals
- enjoy meal planning
- and much more
The app use your Yums and taste preferences to recommend recipes you’ll love. These recommendations appear in your “Just for You” recipe feed and come to you via email weekly. As you review your recommendations, the more you Yum, the better they get!
What is a Yum?
It is a button that allows you to mark a recipe or article that you like and save it in your Yummly page. It is a hassle free way to copy save and keep your favorite recipes while you discover more. Look for the button in your favorite recipe blog and start Yumming away.
I use it on my recipes here at a vegan cook and so far I love it. Check out this sweet and delicious recipe of apple currant pie and hit the Yum button to save it to your recipe box. You will not be dissapointed.
How can you become a publisher on Yummly
It is fairly easy to publish your own recipes in Yummly. Install the YUM button on your blog and make it visible to your visitors once the more they Yum your recipe the more exposure it gets in the community and you will become a Yummly publisher. To get started there are a few simple steps you need to take to be on your way. Let’s do it!
- First step is create an account on Yummly Your account initially will have a name and not necessarily your foto or logo but I will switch eventually as more people YUM your recipes. YOur URL will look something like mine https://www.yummly.com/profile/VictorMiranda5
- Then install the YUM button to your blog. you can do it thru plugins if you own a WordPress site. Use the the Yummly Recipe plugin. or the Simple Share Buttons plugin on WordPress. There are many other plugins available If you want more options. If you are not using WordPress you can add the button using HTML code. Find out how to add the yum button here.
- After you’ve made your account and added the YUM button go back to your blog and start hitting the yum button on your own recipe posts. Tell your friends and family to do the same. It will take some time for your recipe to processed by Yummly. But it will get there.
- It will take up to 4 weeks for your publisher page to be created. Yummly verifies and review your recipes. If you have not been approved as a publisher yet and you have any questions, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- After your publisher page is created, be sure to share the news on your blog and social media. Make a post similar to this one and spread the news.Your published page would look something like this https://www.yummly.com/page/avegancook and the URL would say “page”.
Why publish your recipes in Yummly?
Social Media is a very powerful medium to promote and share your content with the world. Sites like Instagram and Pinterest are very important tools to drive traffic to your website. Well Yummly is social media for foodies, people from all backgrounds with one thing in common love for food. It is the perfect vehicle for food bloggers.
Yummly can drive even more traffic to your food blog than other social media outlets. The traffic increase is almost immediate. Go ahead try it you will thank me later. It is a very important tool that can be overlooked in your plan to gain traffic for your site. Take full advantage of it and reach new audiences and gain more traffic to your website today.
I hope you try this and if you do leave a comment below and let me know how it is going. Get Yumming.
Here are seven ways blueberries help protect your health. Easy ways to incorporate them into meals, snacks, and drinks, and why you should enjoy them year-round. I'm sure some of these health...
Hello. I'm Victor, father of two children and three dogs living on the beautiful island of Puerto Rico. I love to cook. Food has been both my damnation and my saving grace. In the past three years my...